Monday, July 4, 2011

Assignment One - Project Update

Monday, July 4, 2011.  I completed my first draft for Assignment One.  I reviewed WebEx as a synchronous demo and Desire2Learn as an asynchronous demo.  One of the benefits of using WebEx is that according to Pullen and Snow, regular synchronous meetings result in fewer delayed completion and a reduced drop out rate.  If these meetings were mandatory, I would be more engaged in my class.  One of the potential pitfals by using synchronous meetings is that is could conflict with students' schedules.  WebEx has a record a meeting feature that could be used.  This would give those students who attend the meetings, notes of the meeting and those who couldn't attend could view the meeting when their schedule allows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment