Saturday, July 16, 2011

Instructional Designing - Happy to have some principals and some tips

I am taking two classes this summer.  This class and DETT607 - Instructional Design.  I found Chapter Five in Moore and Kearsley to have a lot of good recommendations and theories of how a DE class should be designed.  In this class I have to learn the process of instructional design and I have to apply it by creating a class using webtycho.  We have gone through the needs assessment and context analysis and just completed defining the learning objectives.  It is now time to develop the course.  There are many authoring tools that I can choose from.  Since I've never designed a course before, it's seems a little overwhelming on what tools I should choose from.  Moore and Kearsley have added some beneficial principals to apply to the text design and what types of tools could be applied to form my class.  I learned a lot of good information that I can apply to my other class. 

Best,

Robin

1 comment:

  1. Robin,

    I'm also taking ISD I but with UMBC as a part of a ISD/E-Learning Joint Certificate program with UMUC as my home school. Do you find that taking these course together help you with your studies? I actually enjoy the classes together because they are similar yet different. DE teaching the process of putting content online with ISD instructions you how to develop good course content using the ADDIE Model.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete